Framing

Shapes or Other Elements that Enclose the Object


Light/Shadow

Environmental Elements

Architectural Elements

Reflection:
  1. What camera metering mode (evaluative/matrix, center-weighted or spot) did I use for each image and why?
    1. For all of the photos, I used center weighted metering because all of the photos have a subject that needed to be exposed correctly. 
  2. What white balance settings did I use for each image?
    1. auto
    2. auto
    3. Sunny
    4. Cloudy
  1. Do I have a strong composition? Give specific support as to why/why not.
    1. Yes, I think I have strong composition. In image 1, the rail frames the subject really well and I also like how it looks like she is "spilling" out of it. In image 2, although the "frame" does not have all four sides, it still causes the audience to focus in on the subject because it is framed by two fixtures. In image 3, the leaves and branches of different depths, and the web itself frame the spider. In image 4, the steps frame the subject that sits in the middle.
  2. What would I do differently if I shot this assignment again?
    1. If I were to do the assignment again, I would re shoot the third and last. I feel like (for the third one) that I could have found a better angle for more framing. For the last one, I would have the subject maybe step down one step so they are in the very middle of the steps (so that there is red all around her).
  3. Do you think your photo(s) should be considered as one of the best from your classmates? Why or why not?
    1. No, I would not consider my photos the best of my classmates because there is a lot of room for improvements and more creativity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment #4: Composition