Assignment #9: Photography is art

Original Painting:
Resultado de imagem para painting with woman subject
Painter: Unknown
I really like the contrast between the two colors. Black and yellow clash a lot but it is softened with the small amounts of black surrounding the subject. I thought it would be really cool and challenging to take on the amount of funky lighting in this photo. What I ended up doing was go to the photo studio and shoot with a green background. I had a light shining on my subject then used the flashlight from the phone to try and get that shine on her shoulder and nose. And to mimic the background, the photo went into photoshop to make it yellow. 



My Photo:


Other Painting:

Painter: Jose Royo
I really like the lighting in this painting, but it would be really complicated to shoot. It seems as if there is two different light sources, one coming from the left and another coming from the POV. But the way her hair shimmers is really nice and aesthetically pleasing. I also like the eyes of the model and how big they are. But what would really be hard to capture the two different light sources because it has to be natural. 



Comments

  1. Lovely. Nicely done and I think the way you completed it works wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment #4: Composition

Assignment #5: Texture 101