Assignment #23 Part 1-Idea: Can A Wrapped Object Be Art?

Can a Wrapped Object Be Art?


Idea 1:
       My first idea is to basically wrap fruits in a fruit basket. I want to take wither a wire or a regular basket and wrap different fruits and put it in there. I want to use fruits that people can easily identify like pears, bananas, apples (kind of), and oranges. If I take the photo with a wire basket, I would take an almost straight on angle. With a regular angle I would take it from a bird's eye view. But I also plan to incorporate another of those same fruits but unwrapped. I want to take this on a white background. Lastly, I would wrap the fruits in paper (preferable brown paper bag paper) so I can watch shadows on the white background.


Idea 2: 
       My second idea is to take some kind of glass or vase  and wrap it in newspaper or cloth. If I wrapped it in cloth, I would spread the cloth around to get some kind of "melting" feel. And then pour some kind of liquid that would be associated with that glass. Like I did a mug, I would pour coffee (inspired by Sam's photo "Sunday Morning(?)" <-- I forgot the name), if it was a wine glass, I would pour wine- I MEAN GRAPE JUICE BECAUSE THIS IS A CATHOLIC SCHOOL AND WE DON'T PROMOTE DRINKING. But you get the jist. I want to take this on a white background but we will see what happens. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment #5: Texture 101

Assignment #6: How do you See Polar Opposites?

Assignment #24: TED Talk